“Here today…” process
I’ve been busily working on my second elephant painting for the Mali in the City event “Here today…” I’ve finally finished, so I’ve updated this post with the photos I got of the process.
The original concept
Blocking out the large areas
Undercoating the important areas
Adding a bit of detail and working out the placement of elements
Same as above, different angle
Started to add detail to the eye area
More depth added to the sides
Vultures and skulls added
Varnish applied to the face
Final varnish applied to the elephant. She’s now ready for her photo-shoot with her sponsor, Deakin University!